Below is a list of some of the school's policies and procedures available for download..
Alternatively if you would like to see a copy of any of the policies please ask at the school office or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Protection Policy
Child Protection Information
Children and young people with needs at Level 4 of the windscreen (Specialist)
(Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 5.00pm/Friday: 8.30am – 4.15pm)
To make a referral, contact the Initial Response Team (IRT)
Telephone: Freephone: 0345 603 7627 (previously 0845 prefix) – ask for IRT but specify whether you want
- The IRT Priority Referral Line (for urgent referrals – if a child needs ‘ immediate protection’)
- The IRT Referral Line (for non-urgent referrals)
- If you have concerns about a child but would like to discuss these with a Social Worker and seek advice about whether a referral is appropriate, you can contact the Initial Response Team Consultation Line on the same phone number, but specify that you want the IRT Consultation Line.
PRIORITY REFERRALS SHOULD ALWAYS BE REFERRED BY TELEPHONE (if child needs ‘Immediate protection’). The ECC999 may be used to make a referral (unless there is immediate risk) or to confirm a referral made by telephone – this can be sent to IRT by e-mail, fax or post. The document will have to be password protected if not sent via the GCSX e-mail address.
Post: Initial Response Team, Essex House, 200 The Crescent, Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ
Fax: 01206 851844 or 01206 844981
For referrals outside the hours of Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 5.00pm/Friday: 8.30am – 4.15pm:
Out of Hours Telephone: 0300 123 0779
Out of Hours Email: email@example.com
Children and young people with needs at Levels 2-3 of the windscreen (Additional & Intensive)
To discuss possible resources and support for a child and their family, you can contact theEarly Help & Advice Hub – they will provide information, advice and guidance.
Telephone: 0845 603 7627 – ask for the Early Help & Advice Hub (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
Allegations regarding a worker.volunteer in the Children’s Workforce:
If you have concerns or receive a complaint or allegation that a worker/volunteer has:
- Behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children.
(Working Together 2013)
You must immediately telephone the Children’s Safeguarding Service on 01245 436744. The Local Authority Designated Officer will advise you on action to take next.
If a concern is raised outside of office hours, and you think a referral to Social Care is required you should contact Essex Social Care on 0845 6061212 and inform the Local Authority Designated Officer at the first available opportunity.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note this is not a secure address so any information sent must be password protected)
Local Authority Designated Officers:
Carole Fuller (Mid), Jacquie Wilkes (North), Mechelle de Kock (South) Rebecca Scott (West)
Safeguarding Advisor to Schools: Jo Barclay – 033301 31078 email@example.com
Anti-bullying Co-ordinator: Julie Keating – 033301 31160 firstname.lastname@example.org